- This website can be accessed at shopnavic.co.za.
- These Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) for the website govern the sales, ordering of goods, delivery of goods and the use of the Website.
- The Terms and Conditions set out below are binding and enforceable against every person that uses or accesses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”). This includes without limitation that each user who registers (“registered user”). By clicking on the website and clicking on the “Register Now” button, you understand and acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions set out.
- The Shop Navic Website enables you to shop online for an extensive range of electronics whether it may be for personal or business use.
- Important Notice
- The Terms and Conditions are applicable to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
- The Terms and Conditions set out hold provisions that appear in similar style and text to this clause and which –
- May create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- May limit the risk or liability of Shop Navic; and/or
- Serves as an acknowledgement, by the user; and/or
- May compel the user to indemnify Shop Navic, of a fact.
- The Terms and Conditions should be carefully read as it is important.
- If there is any section in the Terms and Conditions set out below that you do not understand, it will be your responsibility to ask Shop Navic to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or decide to continue to use the Website.
- No section in these Terms and Conditions are intended or understood to unlawfully restrict, avoid or limit any responsibility or right, as the situation may be, created for either you or Shop Navic in terms of the CPA.
- Shop Navic allows the use of this Website in accordance to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website, you would have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Please see our Returns Policy tab for more information about returning goods (and related replacements or refunds). The Returns Policy forms part of the Terms and Conditions which are set out.
- Registration and use of the website
- Only once you sign up on to our website and become a registered member, you may be allowed to order goods on the Website.
- In order to register as a user, you will be required to create a unique username and password and provide certain personal information to Shop Navic. You will then need to use the created unique username and password to be able to access the Website and to be able to order/purchase goods though the website.
- You agree that your username and password will:
- be used for personal use only; and
- not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- For security reasons, you will be required to enter the correct username and password when ordering goods, failing to do so will result in you being denied access to the Website.
- You accept that, once you are logged into the website with the username and password which you created, regardless if the username and password is fraudulent or fake, you will be held responsible for payment of such order, whether the order is cancelled by you in line with the Terms and Conditions set out.
- You accept that you will need to notify Shop Navic as soon as you become aware of suspecting any unauthorised access or use of your username and password in order to take steps to mitigate any loss or harm.
- By making use of this Website you certify that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, you must then use the Website only with the involvement or supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You accept that you will not in any way use any software, device or other instrument to interfere with the correct working of the Website. You also accept that you will not in any way use any other automatic device, robot or manual process to monitor, distribute, copy or change the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised Shop Navic representative (such consent is given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
- You are not permitted to use this website to distribute material which is offensive, defamatory or contains/amounts to hate speech or is unlawful.
- You are not permitted in any way to publish, copy, display, print, post or use the information within the website without the prior written consent of an authorised Shop Navic representative.
- Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
- Users which are registered to the Website may place orders for goods which Shop Navic may accept or reject. The acceptance of an order by Shop Navic depends on the availability of goods and the correctness of information relating to the goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment authorisation by Shop Navic for the goods.
- Shop Navic will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Shop Navic come into effect (the “Sale”). This is irrespective of any communication from Shop Navic stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. Shop Navic will indicate the rejection of your order (by Shop Navic itself) by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- Prior to delivery or your collection of the goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may return the Goods only in line with the Returns Policy.
- When adding an order to the shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such goods and may be removed from the shopping basket. If stock is no longer available or the price has changed during such time, you cannot hold Shop Navic responsible for goods which are no longer available or at the same price when you complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- You accept that stock of goods which are offered at a special price is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. With regards to sale items by Shop Navic, Shop Navic will try their best to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that the offer will be removed on the Website. Shop Navic cannot guarantee the availability of stock. If goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, Shop Navic will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.
- Shop Navic is committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
- The Goods for sale by Shop Navic can be purchased by using the following payment methods:-
- Debit card or credit card; Shop Navic may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation for your goods ordered, it will then be cancelled. You agree that you are fully authorised to use the debit card or credit card supplied for the purchasing of goods. You also agree that your debit card or credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
- Direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer: if you pay via direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer, payment must be made within 5 (five) days of placing your order. Shop Navic will not accept your order if payment has not been received;
- Instant EFT
- You may contact us via our Contact Us page to obtain a full record of your payment. Shop Navic will also send you email communications about your order and payment.
- Once you have selected your payment method, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the goods.
- Delivery of goods purchased
- Shop Navic uses and external courier company for deliveries.
- For more information about delivery, please see our Shipping and Delivery tab. Our delivery charges are subject to change at any time, without prior notice to you. It is important to see the shipping and delivery tab for the most up-to-date information. You will see the applicable delivery charges in your cart when you check out.
- When your order is accepted, Shop Navic will deliver the goods to you as soon as possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification decide whether or not to cancel your order for the goods. If you decide to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price.
- Shop Navic’s responsibility to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address chosen by you for delivery of the order. Shop Navic is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a product, after it has delivered the product to the physical address chosen by you.
- We will try our best to accurately reflect the availability, description, purchase price and delivery charges of goods on the Website. If there are any errors of any nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we will not be held responsible for any claim, loss or expense relating to a transaction based on any error.
- Typographical Errors: In the event, a product is listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers. We have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Our Store shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we will immediately issue a credit to your credit card for the cancelled amount.
- Deals and other discounted goods
- Shop Navic may offer certain Goods at discounted prices every now and then. Any other temporary deal which are explained below (each a “Deal”). This will be subject to certain Terms and Conditions found on this Website, which define the scope of the Deal. If you buy a product within the scope of a Deal, you will pay the discounted price for that product (the “Deal Price”).
- If you buy a product that falls outside of the scope of a Deal, then you will pay the then current (non-Deal) selling price on the Website (the “Normal Price”), for each product that falls outside the scope of the Deal.
- For example: if you buy more than one product in a Deal, you will pay the Deal Price for the first product, but the Normal Price for all products thereafter. Alternatively, if you buy a product in combination with any other products that together do not constitute a Bundle Deal, you will pay the Normal Price for all products falling outside the scope of the relevant Deal.
- The deal quantities are limited and after a Deal is sold out, those particular goods may be available on the Website at their normal selling prices (but no longer as a Deal).
- We do not guarantee a specific saving. The extent of the Deal or discount is at the sole discretion of Shop Navic.
- Adding a Deal to your shopping basket, or completing your order for a Deal without paying for it, does not reserve the item for you. Shop Navic must receive payment from you within 24 hours of you placing your order for a Deal, otherwise we will cancel your order.
- Shop Navic will reserve stock for customers in the order in which it receives payment. Therefore if you pay via EFT, you may not get your item because Shop Navic may only receive payment from you a few days later, and in the meantime the Deal might sell out to customers paying immediately.
- By purchasing any Deal, you are also automatically opting in for our Deal newsletter as well as our general newsletter (you may opt-out of these newsletters at any time). Opting out of these newsletters after purchase will not affect the value of the goods purchased from us.
- Changes to the Terms and Conditions
- Shop Navic may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders or in any other way use the Website.
- Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after the amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
- Availability and termination
- Shop Navic will try their best to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and are entitled to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
- Shop Navic may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that Shop Navic will not be held responsible to you in the event that it chooses to modify, suspend or terminate the Website other than for processing any orders made by you prior to such time, to the extent possible.
- If you fail to comply with your commitments under these Terms and Conditions, including any incident involving payment of the price of an order for any goods, this may (in our sole discretion with or without notice to you) lead to a suspension and/or termination of your access to the Website without any prejudice to any claims for damages or otherwise that we may have against you.
- Shop Navic is entitled, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud and/or where it suspects that you are abusing the Website and/or have created multiple user profiles to take advantage of a promotion. Shop Navic will have no choice but to blacklist you on its database (including suspending or terminating your access to the Website), refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any order concluded between you and Shop Navic, in whole or in part, on notice to you. Shop Navic will only be responsible to refund monies already paid by you (see Shop Navic’s Returns Policy in this regard), and accepts no other responsibility which may arise as a result of such blacklisting and/or refusal to process any order.
- At any time, you can choose to stop using the Website, with or without notice to Shop Navic.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- The Terms and Conditions which have been set out will be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any dispute arising between you and Shop Navic, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (Western Cape Division, Cape Town) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
- No point in the Terms and Conditions limits your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
- Shop Navic selects 1 Canary Street, Rylands Estate, Mountview, Cape Town, as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”). Shop Navic may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
- You hereby select the delivery address specified with your order as your legal address, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving Shop Navic not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
- Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post, or email and must be in English. All notices sent –
- by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
- by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting;
- by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification. ALL EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST MAKE USE OF THE “READ RECEIPT” FUNCTION to serve as proof that an email has been received
- Shop Navic may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website or the user’s right to use the Website or any of its contents subject to us processing any orders already made by you.
- You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
- Any failure on the part of you or Shop Navic to enforce any right in terms hereof will not constitute a waiver of that right.
- If any term or condition is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- No addition, variation, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
- These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and Shop Navic and no other warranty or undertaking is valid unless contained in this document between the parties
- ACCURACY OF IMAGES, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our Products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that the images provided present the correct product displayed and of which any colour will be accurate.
- We are not responsible if an image and/or information made available on this website is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this website is provided for general information or merely a representation of a product ONLY and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this website is at your own risk.
- This website may contain certain historical images or information. Historical images or information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this website at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our website. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our website
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our Products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any Products or Services that we offer. All descriptions of Products and/or Services or Products and/or Services pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any Products and/or Service at any time. Any offer for any Product or Service made on this website is void where it is prohibited by law.
Shipping and Deliveries
All orders can take up to 3 business days to process, regardless of the shipping option selected at checkout.
We encourage all customers to thoroughly review their shipping and billing information prior to checking out to ensure any possible delays are avoided.
Delivery Time Frames and Charges
- Shop Navic uses and external courier company which operates Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm excluding public holidays.
- Delivery costs are set at a flat rate of R95 for deliveries within the Western Cape. For all other national regions deliveries outside the Western Cape, will be a flat rate of R120.
Delivery time frames are as follow depending on stock availability:
- Central Cape Town and surrounds 3 to 5 working days
- All other national regions 5 to 10 working days
Standard Returns Policy
We at Shop Navic want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair/replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms.
This Policy applies to products bought from Shop Navic itself.
Certain parts of this Policy do not apply to Unboxed Deals, reconditioned products or used products, and this is indicated in the relevant sections below. Unboxed Deals are returned products that are offered for sale at discounted prices, because their original packaging is damaged, unsealed or missing, or the products show signs of handling and/or re-packaging.
This Policy forms part of the Shop Navic Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
- include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
- Unwanted products
- You can return an unwanted product to us, provided:
- it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- in relation to Unboxed Deals, reconditioned products and used products, it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- you log a return on the Website within 7 daysof delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product. After 30 days, you can only return a product if it is defective; and
- The customer is responsible for shipping charges when making returns and shipping/handling fees of the original purchase are non-refundable. All sale items are final purchases.
- Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference)
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in section 2 below. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference)
- Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery / collection by logging a return on the Website.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
- Defective products
At Shop Navic we do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you; and
- in relation to Unboxed Deals or used products, signs of handling and/or repackaging
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 6 months after delivery / collection of the product (except in the case of an extended supplier warranty, which is set out below).
You can do so by logging a return on the Website. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice replace the product (if such repair is possible / we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference). If replacement takes longer than 21 days, we will get in touch with you to see if you would rather receive a credit / refund.
Where there is no extended supplier warranty period, unfortunately we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the 6 month period.
Where you request a replacement of an Unboxed Deal, reconditioned product or used product and a repair is not possible, we will see if we have a replacement Unboxed Deal, reconditioned product or used product in stock (which is the same product, of the same nature and type, as the one sold), but if we do not, we will credit / refund you. A product in perfect condition (that is not an Unboxed Deal, reconditioned product or used product) is not the same product as an Unboxed Deal, reconditioned product or used product. This is why Unboxed Deals, reconditioned products and used products are discounted, compared to products in perfect condition.
Extended Supplier Warranty (stipulated on product page)
A product may have a supplier warranty that extends beyond the 6 month Standard Warranty. If such a product turns out to be defective more than 6 months after delivery / collection, please notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of the defect, but in any event within the extended supplier warranty period after delivery / collection of the product.
You can do so by logging a return on the Website, and we will facilitate your return of the product to the supplier at no charge. Unfortunately we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the extended supplier warranty period.
Please note that any extended supplier warranty is subject to whatever terms and conditions the supplier or manufacturer may impose. These are usually stated in a brochure or leaflet inside or on the product packaging. It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of any such terms and conditions.
It is also important to note that it will be in the supplier or manufacturer’s discretion what remedy it can offer you. Shop Navic is under no obligation to provide you with a credit, repair / replacement, as your remedy lies with the supplier or manufacturer. However, since we want your experience to be as good as possible, if the supplier or manufacturer has offered you a repair / replacement within the applicable extended supplier warranty and it takes longer than 21 days, we will get in touch with you to see if you would rather receive a credit / refund directly from us.
PLEASE NOTE: Unboxed Deals, certain reconditioned products and used products do not have extended supplier warranties and this will be made clear on the product description page.
Direct Warranty (stipulated on product page)
A direct warranty product is a product for which the relevant manufacturer wishes to manage defective returns itself, directly with the customer, and not through Shop Navic.
If a direct warranty product turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us and we will provide you with the relevant manufacturer’s contact details. Alternatively, you can notify the relevant manufacturer directly if you already have their details. The relevant manufacturer will then assist you further, but if you have any difficulty, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you where we can.
Other than this, the same limits and general principles of the standard warranty and extended supplier warranty apply to direct warranty products.
- Charges and refunds
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) refuse the return, or only to replace the item that you did return; or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item only.
If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse Shop Navic for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by Instant EFT will be refunded to your nominated bank account.
Privacy & Policy
- We respect your privacy and will try our best to take the required measures to protect it.
- If you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your gender;
- your mobile number; and
- your date of birth.
- If your personal information may require changes, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- Subject to the clause below, we will not, without your consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
- to contact or inform you of new features, special offers, promotional competitions or regarding current/new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
- disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Terms and Conditions set out;
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Shop Navic is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
- Shop Navic promises never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
- We will try our very best to take necessary precautions to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any responsibility whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- Electronic communications
- Ownership and copyright
- The contents of the Website, including any data, material, software, information, icons, graphics, texts, lay-outs, advertisements, sound clips, images, video clips, logos, trade-marks, trade-names, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law. The Website Content is the property of Shop Navic, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to Shop Navic.
- You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
- Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content is prohibited unless authorised in terms of these Terms and Conditions set out or otherwise provided for in law. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any Website Content contact us via our Contact Us page.
- Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to Shop Navic or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions.
- The use of the Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from the use of this Website or reliance on any information on the Website.
- Whilst Shop Navic takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, Shop Navic makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website. If any such representations or warranties are made by Shop Navic representatives, Shop Navic will not be bound thereby.
- Shop Navic disclaims liability for any damage, loss or expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website and/or any content unless otherwise provided by law.
- Although Goods sold from the Website may, under certain specifically defined circumstances, be under warranty, the Website itself and all information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
- In addition Shop Navic also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardise or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Shop Navic, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. Shop Navic thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
- Linking to third party websites
- This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party Websites”) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party Websites and Shop Navic is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may use.
- The Website may refer to or provide links to Third Party Websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained.
- Limitation of liability
- Shop Navic will not be held responsible for any inaccurate information published on the Website and/or any incorrect prices displayed on the Website, where such liability arises from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Shop Navic, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. You are encouraged to contact us to report any possible malfunctions or errors by way of our Contact Us page.
- Shop Navic WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE; OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, AND/OR UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
- YOU HEREBY INDEMNIFY SHOP NAVIC AGAINST ANY LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOURSELF OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
- Responsible Disclosure Policy
At Shop Navic, we have built our business on the simple principle that our customers come first. We aim to keep our website, as well as the service offered on our Website (“Service”) safe for everyone to use, and data security is of the utmost importance. If you have discovered a security vulnerability in our Website or Service, we encourage you to contact us and disclose it to us in a responsible manner.
When security vulnerabilities are reported to us in compliance with this policy, Shop Navic will validate and fix such vulnerabilities as soon as possible, in line with our commitment to the privacy, safety and security of our customers. We will not take legal action against you or terminate your access to the Service if you discover and report security vulnerabilities responsibly in compliance with this policy. Shop Navic reserves all of its legal rights in the event of any non-compliance with this policy.
If you are looking to report another type of issue, which falls outside of the scope of this policy, for example if you are a current customer and you suspect fraudulent activity or suspect that your account may have been compromised, please contact our support team. Your issue will be investigated immediately and thoroughly.
- Reporting a Security Vulnerability
If you think that you have found a security vulnerability in our Website or Service, please contact us immediately via [email protected] When reporting a security vulnerability, you must do the following:
- Include as much information as possible in your report, as we require a way to reproduce the security vulnerability in order to validate and fix it. “Proof-of-Concept” programs, tools, or test accounts that you’ve created are welcome, and the following information is required:
- the URL where the vulnerability occurs;
- if applicable, the parameter where the vulnerability occurs;
- the type of the vulnerability;
- a step-by-step instruction how to reproduce the vulnerability;
- a demonstration of the vulnerability, by screenshots or video; and
- if applicable, an attack scenario (an example attack scenario may help demonstrate the risk and get the issue resolved faster).
- Do not share your findings with anyone until Shop Navic has had adequate time to investigate and deploy a fix. We will notify you when the security vulnerability has been patched.
- Consider telling us how to identify you.
We’re particularly interested in:
- XSS attacks
- SQL injection
- Remote code execution
- Circumventing permission limitations
- CSRF attacks
- Our Commitment
If you identify a security vulnerability in compliance with this policy, Shop Navic commits to:
- acknowledging receipt of your vulnerability report in a timely manner;
- confirming the validity of your report; and
- notifying you when the vulnerability is fixed.
We will unfortunately not offer any monetary rewards.